Topsy is a new kind of search engine, with a new way of looking at the Internet. Topsy doesn’t think the Internet is a collection of documents. Or even a web of documents. Topsy sees the Internet as a stream of conversations. Topsy treats people differently from the web pages they create and the things they say. And Topsy sees that people in every community are connected in a web of relationships, where each person influences other people to read, talk and think about things.
Topsy is building the next generation platform for search and is looking to expand its team. We recently launched and have an immediate opening for the following position.
- Contribute to development and operation of an elegant distributed high-performance computing infrastructure. This is not a web farm.
- Linux super-sysadmin
- Network engineering and operation
- Expert Linux sysadmin for large-scale infrastructures (1000+ servers, 100K processes)
- Scripting/programming for systems administration. Work with the production platform as a programmable entity.
- Network and server capacity engineering
- Ability to program (Perl, PHP, Ruby, Scala)
- MySQL administration and SQL programming
- Hadoop-based analysis (Hive, MapReduce)
- Search engine, social network experience