Topsy is a new kind of search engine, with a new way of looking at the Internet. Topsy doesn’t think the Internet is a collection of documents. Or even a web of documents. Topsy sees the Internet as a stream of conversations. Topsy treats people differently from the web pages they create and the things they say. And Topsy sees that people in every community are connected in a web of relationships, where each person influences other people to read, talk and think about things.
Topsy is building the next generation platform for search and is looking to expand its team. We recently launched and have an immediate opening for the following position.
- Contribute to the operation of an elegant distributed high-performance computing infrastructure. This is not a web farm.
- Support Linux-based production systems.
- Provide on-call and scheduled support for the production service.
- Support office network and hosted phone systems.
- Solid Linux systems administration skills
- Scripting for systems administration; one of Perl, PHP, Ruby.
- Ability to build a TCP/IP network, with address allocation, domain name services, mail services, web services, database services, file services, security services
- IMAP, LDAP, ICAL based services (Zimbra, Postfix)
- Nagios, Cacti
- RPM packaging; yum; kickstart; puppet
- Large-scale infrastructure experience (100s – 1000s of servers, 10K-100K processes)
- Network engineering (Cisco)
- MySQL administration