Topsy is a new kind of search engine, with a new way of looking at the Internet. Topsy doesn‚Äôt think the Internet is a collection of documents. Or even a web of documents. Topsy sees the Internet as a stream of conversations. Topsy treats people differently from the web pages they create and the things they say. And Topsy sees that people in every community are connected in a web of relationships, where each person influences other people to read, talk and think about things.
Topsy is building the next generation platform for search and is looking to expand its team. We recently launched and have an immediate opening for the following position.
- Manage releases of Topsy search engine features and plugin products
- Write specs, prioritize features, build consensus in a high-powered engineering and operations team
- Manage timelines and dependencies between development tasks and available team resources
- Coordinate cross-team tasks
- Use the internal wiki and bug tracking system as project management tools
- Wear many hats
- 5+ years of project management experience in a consumer web or hosted service environment
- Proven skills in gathering requirements, triaging features and managing schedule risk
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fluid environment, where both long-term planning and short-term releases must be balanced
- Familiarity with Git, Trac, and Unix a plus
- Engineering background
If this is you, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.