Topsy offers access to its proprietary metrics, social content, and influence data via a robust API. Hundreds of businesses use our RESTful Web API to power social search results, produce dynamic social content, and facilitate realtime decisioning based upon our metrics.
In addition to the Topsy API, businesses can also access this data via ad-hoc report requests by contacting us.
Powerful Realtime Metrics: We calculate a number of proprietary metrics to the keyword and link-level based upon aggregate observations.
Extensive History: Our index goes back over three years, enabling customers access to keyword and link-level statistics for extended periods of time.
Influence-Ranked Results: Noisy social content is refined through our influence algorithm, identifying the best, most relevant social content for business use.
The Trending API accesses our influence, velocity, momentum, and peak period scores. These metrics are used to determine the extent to which terms and links within the social web are trending and also help identify what’s hot or will become hot in the near future.
Check out a sample implementation of trending metrics on Topsy Analytics
The Search API provides you with access to our search capabilities, enabling searches either in realtime or through extensive historical results that go back over three years. Search parameters support complex queries and advanced features such as multi-language support, geo identification and profanity filters are also available.
The News API helps you understand what news content is hot on the social web. Trending metrics for links and keywords can be queried within topic categories, enabling publishers and marketers to identify what stories are most trending within a broad spectrum of news categories.
Some examples of what you can do with the Topsy API:
- Fresh results for the query “ipad”
- Canonical results for the query “textmate”
- Timeline sorted tweets for the hashtag #quote
- Top 100 stories in past 24 hours
- Top 100 videos in past 24 hours
- The influence level of “barackobama” Twitter account
- The most popular stories on “wired.com” today
- All tweets that mention http://topsy.com/
- Twitter users who talk about “scala”
- The most important tweets about a particular link: http://cnn.com/2011/BUSINESS/08/16/money.and.meanness/
To learn more about commercial API access, please contact us.